Thursday, March 15, 2012

Interweb-Slinging

The Dandies tested out Marvel's new RPG system last night, and I played Spider-man. Of course, you can't play a mainstream superhero without doing some redesign drawings.

I grew up with Todd McFarlane's bug-eyed Spider-man and it always seemed the coolest, toughest looking version of the mask to me.


I also like Alex Ross's method of amplifying the chest logo to heroic proportions. I picture the spider legs bleeding into the costume, so that his only colors are red and black.


My friend Nate is a huge Spider-man fan, and he's always wearing a beanie, so the above sketch is sort of a nod to Nate. I almost gave him Nate's eyebrow ring, but I thought that was a bit out of character for tech-nerd Peter Parker.

I have some more sketches from the game, including cameos by Cap and Carnage. Stay tuned!

17 days...

No comments: