Monday, December 22, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS
from the Austin Translation!

2008 has definitely been a year of ups and downs. I had the privilege of working alongside some of the most innovative and brilliant artistic minds on the planet and being a part of one of my favorite films of the year, Wall-E. I also lost one of my best friends, Justin Wright, to whom the film was dedicated. Justin would definitely be stoked to see how many people loved his story work on both Wall-E and Presto, and to see that justice had finally been done to one of his favorite superheroes, Ironman. So this year, as I join friends and family to celebrate the birth of Jesus, I'm particularly mindful of all amazing people God's brought into my life, including all of you who check this blog for the most recent dinosaur news or Chades Challenges. Whatever holiday you celebrate this season, I wish you a ridiculous amount of joy and merry-making, and more pie and chocolate than you can shake a stick at! Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year, see you in '09!

"There has been only one Christmas - the rest are anniversaries."
~W.J. Cameron



8 comments:

Zar Galstyan said...

Merry Christmas Austin!

Anonymous said...

Merry Chritmas !

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Bernal said...

Happy Christmas!!!
and thanks for all the awesome posts and fun this year!!

Khylov said...

Shabbat shalom, yo.

Whenever I hear the term "good tidings", I always picture clean laundry rolling fresh out of the dryer. Maybe it's the connection between the word "tidings" and "Tide".

But, I don't think it's too far off the mark - after all, Jesus is always described in the Bible as kickin it in plush attire, white robes that glow and whatnot. And folks being drapped in soft clean clothes once they arrive there. I like the thought of that.

So, here's to a new year full of springtime fresh clothes. And fabric softener.

Dani said...

Happy Holidays, Austin!

philip vose said...

hey austin. long time no talk. you look like you're doing great though. nice sly orange video. HUGE fan now. thanks. talented bunch you all are, drawers and singers, and instrument players. hurrah.

p.s. saw the rick warren thing on TED a while ago, and was real good. the guy has a heart for God and helping people. that aint so bad.

Christian Robinson said...

Hi Austin!
I'm glad to have ran into you the other day.
Thank you for your kind and supportive words.
I think you're a pretty cool dude! Also probably one of the funniest people i've ever met.

I really like what you had to say in this post, it's touching...
Happy MLK jr day!!!

peace